2016-2017 Oscar F. Smith HS Teacher of the Year.
- Presenter at the 2nd Annual Region II Excellence Through Equity Conference of 2017
Hosted at Western Branch High School in Chesapeake, Virginia.
- Developer and Facilitator of “Becoming Relational” Professional Development
Summer Summit 2017 - George Washington Carver Intermediate and Portlock Primary School in Chesapeake, Virginia.
- Developer and Facilitator of “A Different Type of Teacher” Workshop
Future Teacher Academy Conference of 2017 at Norfolk State University.
Pioneer Elementary School in Suffolk, Virginia.
- Developer and Facilitator of “The Influential Teacher” In-service
Crestwood Intermediate School in Chesapeake, Virginia.
- Developer and Facilitator of “Teacher with a Purpose” In-service
Chesapeake Center for Science and Technology.
- Developer and Facilitator of “Relational Teaching” In-service
Virginia Wesleyan University Teacher Prep Program.
- Developer and Facilitator of “Overcoming Burnout” In-service
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary (2015)
- Master of Education in Teaching and Learning from Liberty University (2013).
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies from Norfolk State University "Magna Cum Laude" (2011).
Jahkari "JT" Taylor (pictured with his lovely wife Shalise) is a man on a mission to push people into divine purpose through timeless principles. JT has been committed to pushing people into purpose all of his adult life. As a Title I Instructional Coach, special education teacher, pastor, author, and mentor, he has always been involved in motivating and inspiring others. Yet, JT's life story may not fit the mold of an ideal purpose pusher. When JT was a child he went from living in a 1987 Ford Fairmont, to a packed homeless shelter. Then, after his mother applied for Section 8 housing, they soon relocated to a tough neighborhood in the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake, Virginia. In spite of the adversities he encountered as a youth, JT emerged out of an impoverished, single-parent upbringing with a desire to push others into their purpose in life. His philosophy is simple: "Know Your Why!" It can be applied to every person, every relationship, and every profession. As the founder of Purpose Pushers LLC., JT Taylor desires to help educators find passion and purpose in their profession.
Therefore, the motto for Purpose Pushers is simple:
"Purpose is Everywhere, All it Needs is a Push!"
Presenter at the Region II "Excellence Through Equity" Conference in Hampton Roads Virginia.
Chesapeake Public Schools City-Wide Teacher of the Year 2017
Jahkari "JT" Taylor, (right) Emerald Educator Honoree pictured with Dr. Tony Mcnair, (left) former Emerald Educator Honoree and the Teacher of the Year for the state of Virginia.
- On October 15, 2017, JT released his much anticipated book titled, "Becoming One Flesh: Timeless Principles to Bless Your Marriage."
- On March 31, 2017, JT released his newest book titled, "T.R.U.E. L.E.A.D.E.R.S. LEAD: Exhibiting Character and Embracing Commitments."
- On August 26, 2016 he also released the "Overcoming Burnout Daily Journal: 100 Opportunities to Change Your Own Mind."
- On August 24, 2016 he released "Support Circles: A Guide to Boost Teacher Morale in 20 Minutes or Less."
- On June 11, 2016, JT published his first book titled, "Overcoming Burnout: Daily Devotionals to Inspire Teachers."
- On March 16, 2017, JT Taylor was awarded Chesapeake Public Schools City-Wide Teacher of the Year.
- 2017 Teacher of the Year at Oscar F. Smith High School.
- November 13, 2016 Iota Phi Lambda Emerald Educator Honoree.
- On August 26, 2016 the Virginia Pilot wrote a story on JT's book and his passionate desire to inspire educators.
- On June 2, 2016, he was featured in a WHRO commercial titled, "The Teaching Profession."
- In 2012, JT founded REEL Mentors, which is a mentorship program designed to educate and empower young men in the area of leadership.
Copyright © Purpose Pushers, LLC. All rights reserved.