Oceanaire Elementary School
Deep Creek High School
Norfolk Highlands Primary
George W. Carver Intermediate
Chesapeake Center for Science and Technology
700 students from across Virginia were inspired at the Virginia Student Councils Association Convention.
Motivational speaking engagement at Old Dominion University for their "Legacy Series" by the Student Government Association.
Presenter at the 2018 Region II Title 1 Conference for Principals and Educational Leaders hosted by Virginia Beach Public Schools.
Presenter at the Virginia Education Association Instructional & Professional Development Conference.
Jahkari “JT” Taylor is considered a transformational educator, author, entrepreneur, and passionate speaker. He has presented across the state of Virginia at K-12 schools, colleges/universities, and professional conferences. Throughout his career, he has been nominated for numerous awards including the Iota Phi Lambda Emerald Educator Award, Teacher of the Year for Oscar Smith High School, and City-Wide Teacher of the Year for Chesapeake Public Schools. He has also worked as a Special Education Teacher and a Title I Instructional Coach. As the CEO of Purpose Pushers LLC, JT provides consultations for principals and administrative teams while providing inspiring staff development in the areas of: Leadership, social-emotional learning (SEL), overcoming burnout, improving school culture and morale, instructional coaching, and best instructional practices for reaching challenging learners. JT has published numerous books including: 7 Traits of a Teacher With a Purpose, Overcoming Burnout, Relational Teaching, True Leaders LEAD, and Becoming One Flesh. In addition, JT has also been featured in a WHRO commercial titled, “The Teaching Profession.”
His philosophy is simple: "Know Your Why!"
- On March 16, 2017, JT Taylor was awarded "Overall City-Wide Teacher of the Year" for Chesapeake Public Schools.
- 2017 Teacher of the Year at Oscar F. Smith High School.
- November 13, 2016 Iota Phi Lambda Emerald Educator Honoree.
- On August 26, 2016 the Virginia Pilot wrote a story on JT's book and his passionate desire to inspire educators.
- On June 2, 2016, he was featured in a WHRO commercial titled, "The Teaching Profession."
- In 2012, JT founded REEL Mentors, which is a mentorship program designed to educate and empower young men in the area of leadership.
(2019) Virginia Student Councils Association Convention
(2019) Virginia Education Association's "Recruiting and Retaining Teachers of Color Conference hosted by Norfolk State University
(2018) Region 2 Title 1 Conference hosted by Virginia Beach Public Schools
(2017) Virginia Education Association's "Celebrate, Educate, Advocate!" Instruction & Professional Development Conference
(2017) 2nd Annual Region II Excellence Through Equity Conference hosted by Chesapeake Public Schools
- Completed National Association of Secondary Schools Principals "Breaking Ranks" Leadership Training for School Improvement (2018).
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary (2015).
- Master of Education in Teaching and Learning from Liberty University (2013).
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies from Norfolk State University "Magna Cum Laude" (2011).
Washington College - Institute of Religion, Politics, and Culture in Chestertown, MD. (2018)
Old Dominion University - Student Government Association in Norfolk, VA. (2018)
Virginia Wesleyan University - Teacher Preparation Program in Virginia Beach, VA. (2017)
Norfolk State University - Future Teacher Academy Conference 2017 in Norfolk, VA. (2017)
Motivational speaking engagement and school assembly at a Title 1 middle school.
Presenter at the Region II "Excellence Through Equity" Conference in Hampton Roads Virginia.
Chesapeake Public Schools City-Wide Teacher of the Year 2017.
Copyright © Purpose Pushers, LLC. All rights reserved.