Presenter at the Virginia Education Association Instructional & Professional Development Conference.
Jahkari “JT” Taylor is a transformational educator, author, entrepreneur, and passionate speaker. He has presented across the state of Virginia at K-12 schools, colleges/universities, and professional conferences. Throughout his career, he has won numerous awards including the Iota Phi Lambda Emerald Educator Award, Teacher of the Year for Oscar Smith High School, and City-Wide Teacher of the Year for Chesapeake Public Schools. He has also worked as a Special Education Teacher and a Title I Instructional Coach. As the CEO of Purpose Pushers LLC, JT serves as the Chief Strategist for School Improvement and Equity. He collaborates and consults with principals, administrative teams, and central office leaders across several school districts. Purpose Pushers specializes in the following areas: Leadership, social-emotional learning (SEL), culturally responsive practices, overcoming educator burnout, improving school culture and morale, instructional coaching, and best instructional practices for reaching challenging learners. JT has published numerous books including: The 30-Day Gratitude Journal, The R.A.P. Challenge: Lyrics and Literature, 7 Traits of a Teacher With a Purpose, Overcoming Burnout, Relational Teaching, True Leaders LEAD, and Becoming One Flesh. In addition, JT has also been featured in several newspaper articles and in a WHRO commercial titled, “The Teaching Profession.”
His philosophy is simple: "Know Your Why!"
Motivational speaking engagement and school assembly at a Title 1 middle school.
Chesapeake Public Schools City-Wide Teacher of the Year 2017.
- On March 16, 2017, JT Taylor was awarded "Overall City-Wide Teacher of the Year" for Chesapeake Public Schools.
- 2017 Teacher of the Year at Oscar F. Smith High School.
- November 13, 2016 Iota Phi Lambda Emerald Educator Honoree.
- On August 26, 2016 the Virginia Pilot wrote a story on JT's book and his passionate desire to inspire educators.
- On June 2, 2016, he was featured in a WHRO commercial titled, "The Teaching Profession."
- In 2012, JT founded REEL Mentors, which is a mentorship program designed to educate and empower young men in the area of leadership.
Presenter at the Region II "Excellence Through Equity" Conference in Hampton Roads Virginia.
- Completed National Association of Secondary Schools Principals "Breaking Ranks" Leadership Training for School Improvement (2018).
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary (2015).
- Master of Education in Teaching and Learning from Liberty University (2013).
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies from Norfolk State University "Magna Cum Laude" (2011).
(2019) Region 2 Equity Conference - Leading and Teaching for Equity at the Virginia Beach Convention Center
(2019) Fresh Ink - Writers Workshop
(2019) Virginia Student Councils Association (VSCA) Convention hosted by Regent University
(2019) Virginia Education Association's "Recruiting and Retaining Teachers of Color Conference hosted by Norfolk State University
(2018) Region 2 Title 1 Conference hosted by Virginia Beach Public Schools
(2017) Virginia Education Association's "Celebrate, Educate, Advocate!" Instruction & Professional Development Conference
(2017) 2nd Annual Region II Excellence Through Equity Conference hosted by Chesapeake Public Schools
Motivational speaking engagement at Old Dominion University for their "Legacy Series" by the Student Government Association.
(2019) CEIS Summer Institute: Reframing Discipline - Norfolk Public Schools
(2019) Oceanaire Elementary School
(2018) Deep Creek High School
(2018) Norfolk Highlands Primary
(2018) Pioneer Elementary
(2017) Crestwood Intermediate
(2017) George W. Carver Intermediate
(2017) Portlock Primary
(2017) Chesapeake Center for Science and Technology
Presenter at the 2018 Region II Title 1 Conference for Principals and Educational Leaders hosted by Virginia Beach Public Schools.
700 students from across Virginia were inspired at the Virginia Student Councils Association Convention.
(2018) Washington College - Institute of Religion, Politics, and Culture in Chestertown, MD.
(2018) Old Dominion University - Student Government Association in Norfolk, VA.
(2017) Virginia Wesleyan University - Teacher Preparation Program in Virginia Beach, VA.
(2017) Norfolk State University - Future Teacher Academy Conference 2017 in Norfolk, VA.
Copyright © Purpose Pushers, LLC. All rights reserved.