Washington College - Institute of Religion, Politics, and Culture in Chestertown, MD. (2018)
Old Dominion University - Student Government Association in Norfolk, VA. (2018)
Virginia Wesleyan University - Teacher Preparation Program in Virginia Beach, VA. (2017)
Norfolk State University - Future Teacher Academy Conference 2017 in Norfolk, VA. (2017)
Presenter at the Region II "Excellence Through Equity" Conference in Hampton Roads Virginia.
2018 Region 2 Title 1 Conference in Virginia Beach VA
2017 Virginia Education Association's "Celebrate, Educate, Advocate!" Instruction & Professional Development Conference
2nd Annual Region II Excellence Through Equity Conference of 2017
- Completed National Association of Secondary Schools Principals "Breaking Ranks" Leadership Training for School Improvement (2018).
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary (2015).
- Master of Education in Teaching and Learning from Liberty University (2013).
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies from Norfolk State University "Magna Cum Laude" (2011).
Motivational speaking engagement and school assembly at a Title 1 middle school.
Norfolk Highlands Primary in Chesapeake, VA
Oscar F. Smith Middle in Chesapeake, VA
Pioneer Elementary in Suffolk, VA
Crestwood Intermediate in Chesapeake, VA
George Washington Carver Intermediate in Chesapeake, VA
Portlock Primary in Chesapeake, VA
Chesapeake Center for Science and Technology
Mr. Jahkari “JT” Taylor was born to be a Purpose Pusher. His life’s work demonstrates his passion for cultivating, motivating, and inspiring people from all walks of life. Yet, JT's life story may not fit the mold of an ideal Purpose Pusher. When he was just a child he went from living in a 1987 Ford Fairmont, to a packed homeless shelter. Then, after his mother applied for Section 8 housing, they soon relocated to a tough neighborhood in the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake, Virginia. He attended Title 1 schools as a struggling student who failed to realize his academic potential. In addition, he became a teenage father at the age of 17. Yet, in spite of the adversities he encountered as a youth, JT emerged out of an impoverished, single-parent upbringing with a desire to push others into their divine purpose in life.
JT is now an emerging leader in the field of education, and a highly sought-after speaker. He has presented at numerous K-12 schools, universities, and professional conferences across the East coast. JT has also been featured in a WHRO commercial titled, “The Teaching Profession.” JT has published numerous books including: 7 Traits of a Teacher With a Purpose, Overcoming Burnout, Relational Teaching, True Leaders LEAD, and Becoming One Flesh. JT has committed his life to motivating and inspiring people from all walks of life by helping them understand their God-Given purpose.
His philosophy is simple: "Know Your Why!"
Chesapeake Public Schools City-Wide Teacher of the Year 2017
2016-2017 Oscar F. Smith High School Teacher of the Year
Presenter at the Virginia Education Association Instructional & Professional Development Conference 2017
Inspiring Professional Development by "The Teacher Motivator"
Motivational speaking engagement at Old Dominion University for their "Legacy Series" by the Student Goverment Association
Presenter at the 2018 Region II Title 1 Conference for Principals and Educational Leaders hosted by Virginia Beach Public Schools.
- On March 16, 2017, JT Taylor was awarded "Overall City-Wide Teacher of the Year" for Chesapeake Public Schools.
- 2017 Teacher of the Year at Oscar F. Smith High School.
- November 13, 2016 Iota Phi Lambda Emerald Educator Honoree.
- On August 26, 2016 the Virginia Pilot wrote a story on JT's book and his passionate desire to inspire educators.
- On June 2, 2016, he was featured in a WHRO commercial titled, "The Teaching Profession."
- In 2012, JT founded REEL Mentors, which is a mentorship program designed to educate and empower young men in the area of leadership.
Copyright © Purpose Pushers, LLC. All rights reserved.