2016-2017 Oscar F. Smith HS Teacher of the Year
- Presenter at the 2017 Virginia Education Association's "Celebrate, Educate, Advocate!" Instruction & Professional Development Conference
- Presenter at the 2nd Annual Region II Excellence Through Equity Conference of 2017
- Presenter at the 2017 Future Teacher Academy Conference at Norfolk State University
- Presenter at the following schools across Hampton Roads:
Oscar F. Smith Middle in Chesapeake, VA
Pioneer Elementary in Suffolk, VA
Crestwood Intermediate in Chesapeake, VA
George Washington Carver Intermediate in Chesapeake, VA
Portlock Primary in Chesapeake, VA
Chesapeake Center for Science and Technology
Virginia Wesleyan University (Teacher Preparation Course)
- Completed National Association of Secondary Schools Principals "Breaking Ranks" Leadership Training for School Improvement (2018).
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary (2015).
- Master of Education in Teaching and Learning from Liberty University (2013).
- Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies from Norfolk State University "Magna Cum Laude" (2011).
Presenter at the VEA IPD Conference 2017
- On October 15, 2017, JT released, "Becoming One Flesh: Timeless Principles to Bless Your Marriage."
- On March 31, 2017, JT released, "T.R.U.E. L.E.A.D.E.R.S. LEAD: Exhibiting Character and Embracing Commitments."
- On August 26, 2016 he also released the "Overcoming Burnout Daily Journal: 100 Opportunities to Change Your Own Mind."
- On August 24, 2016 he released "Support Circles: A Guide to Boost Teacher Morale in 20 Minutes or Less."
- On June 11, 2016, JT published his first book titled, "Overcoming Burnout: Daily Devotionals to Inspire Teachers."
When Jahkari “JT” Taylor was a child he went from living in a 1987 Ford Fairmont, to a packed homeless shelter. Then, after his mother applied for Section 8 housing, they soon relocated to a tough neighborhood in the South Norfolk area of Chesapeake, Virginia. JT attended Title 1 schools as a student, became a teenage father at the age of 17, and considered himself to be a student without a purpose. However, despite the adversities he encountered as a youth, JT emerged out of an impoverished, single-parent upbringing with a desire to push others into their divine purpose in life. His philosophy is simple: "Know Your Why!"
As an adult, JT has been a man on a mission to push people into their God-given purpose in life. He is currently a Title I Instructional Coach with 10 years of experience working as a special education teacher. He is also a pastor, author, and mentor. As the founder and CEO of Purpose Pushers LLC., JT Taylor desires to help people find passion and purpose in their profession.
Therefore, the motto for Purpose Pushers is simple:
"Purpose is Everywhere, All it Needs is a Push!"
Motivational speaking engagement and rap concert at a Title 1 Middle school.
Presenter at the Region II "Excellence Through Equity" Conference in Hampton Roads Virginia.
- On March 16, 2017, JT Taylor was awarded Chesapeake Public Schools City-Wide Teacher of the Year.
- 2017 Teacher of the Year at Oscar F. Smith High School.
- November 13, 2016 Iota Phi Lambda Emerald Educator Honoree.
- On August 26, 2016 the Virginia Pilot wrote a story on JT's book and his passionate desire to inspire educators.
- On June 2, 2016, he was featured in a WHRO commercial titled, "The Teaching Profession."
- In 2012, JT founded REEL Mentors, which is a mentorship program designed to educate and empower young men in the area of leadership.
Chesapeake Public Schools City-Wide Teacher of the Year 2017
Copyright © Purpose Pushers, LLC. All rights reserved.